Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why the Blog?

Riding the subway towards my next sample sale, I find myself wondering: am I about to find the dress of my dreams, or is this going to be an hour of my life I will never get back? It's the chance of finding the former that keeps me going back to sale after sale. Sometimes I find that amazing bargain. But sometimes, as I wander empty-handed back to the F, I just wish someone out there had warned me.

If only there had been some woman who had posted on her blog that bras at the La Perla sale were "already picked over after the first morning," or (much, much better) "dresses at the DVF sale were only $70!" Then I would know if the sale was a hit or miss, and could save myself the trek to Chelsea and back after work!

As far as I can tell, there's no one out there with such a blog. And I go to so many sample sales, why shouldn't I be the one to start blogging about them? Now, I'm a busy girl, don't get me wrong. Fashion is not my full time job (in fact, my job is quite the opposite), so I don't intend to go to any more sample sales than I already do. But for the sales that I do go to, I'll give you the scoop. The prices, the quantity, the quality, the lines, the dressing rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment